Recipe supplied by:Recipe formulation using info provided by the fine folks at Sierra Nevada Brewery.
- 3 kgs Coopers Light Malt Extract
- 450 g Coopers Light Dry Malt Extract
- 225 g 60°L (160°EBC) Crystal Malt
- 115 g Carapils Malt
- 1 tsp Irish Moss
- 28 g Perle Leaf Hops (20 min)
- 14 g Perle Leaf Hops (15 min)
- 28 g Cascade leaf Hops (2 min)
- 28 g Cascade Leaf Hops (steeped)
- 1 vial White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001)
- Coopers Carbonation Drops (priming)
- Steep Crystal and Crapils malts in 65-82°C brewing water (amount of water determined by the size of your pot) for 15-20 minutes. Then remove.
- Mix in Coopers Light Malt Extract, Coopers Light DME and 28g Perle hops. Bring to very light boil.
- Add 2nd addition of Perle hops and Irish Moss with 15 minutes remaining in boil. Add 1st addition of Cascade hops with 2 minutes remaining in boil. Add last addition of Cascades at end of boil.
- Cool wort in pot to room temperature. Transfer into fermenter. Aerate well, then top up to 23 litres if necessary.