– Coopers India Pale Ale (IBU 23.5) or Coopers Pale Ale kit (IBU 19)
– 3kg Light Dry Malt Extract
40g Challenger at 60 minutes
25g Goldings at 15 minutes
25g Goldings at 5 minutes
Target IBU: 60
– 1 or 2 sachets of Safale S-04
1. Borrow Rob’s big pot.
2. 2/3 fill put with water, add LDME. Bring to a light boil. Add Challenger, boil for 45 minutes, add first lot of Goldings hops, boil for 10 minutes. Add second lot of Goldings, boil for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the Pale Ale kit, dissolve. Cool wort to around 50°C, add to fermenter, top up to 23L. Aerate the wort by stirring it briskly.
4. Pitch yeast.